During this seaon, purpose to grow closer to God, both individually and as a church family, devoting time daily for prayer, Bible reading, and learning to hear God's voice.
- The purpose of this season is to grow closer to God both individually and as a church, therefore we will intentionally devote time daily for prayer, reading the Bible, and learning to hear for God’s voice.
- As a support, we have selected a devotional, or daily Bible Study, where we invite you to journey with us through the final two chapters of the book of Matthew. Each day, Monday – Saturday, we will commit to reading a part of scripture. Each day will have a theme to engage you, a prayer to encourage you, and a question to challenge you.
- You can use the link to download the “Journeying with Jesus” devotional on the YouVersion app. Additionally, follow us daily on our social media platforms where we have familiar faces introducing each day’s devotion.
- During the week we encourage you to share your insights and thoughts with your Life Group. Be sure to watch every Wednesday night where we recap each week with observations and applications.
40 Day Bible Reading Plan
► Get Started
► Get Started
- Christian fasting is intentionally withholding something we’d normally consume for the purpose of creating space in our lives to encounter the presence of God. Such things can be food, entertainment, social media, recreation, comforts, etc.
- We want to encourage and challenge you to audit yourself, your patterns, and your habits as to what may prove to be a distraction from you encountering the presence of God. We ask that you also consider what kind food or meal can you fast as well.
- Some questions to think about:
- What kinds of food or drinks do I consume when I feel alone, disappointed, or sad? What food or drink do I “need to have” to get my day going?
- How much time to do I spend on media outside of working? How much music, podcasts, audio books, radio, etc. do I consume on my commute?
- What conveniences have I relied on, even taken for granted? How can I sacrifice some of my comforts?
- Most importantly, however you choose to fast, do so with joy and expectation. The purpose of this season is to create space to experience the fullness of God. Be encouraged, on the other side of weakness may be a strength you have yet to discover.